REFLECTOR: Builder insurance

Jack Prock jackprock at wavecable.com
Thu Dec 30 13:08:02 CST 2010

I just recently went through this same thing. I moved the project to the airport and the airport required liability insurance.
I went through EAA and got builders insurance with the liability.

They wouldn't get just liability insurance, so I got builders with $40,000 hull coverage (their minimum) for $400
and the $1Mil liability was $250. So $650 total. I have more money in the plane and engine than that, but I
am ok with partial coverage.  The hull coverage goes for $100 for every $10,000 of coverage requested.

Jack