REFLECTOR: Today I am a man!

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Mon Dec 6 11:09:39 CST 2010

Well, yesterday actually.  I completed the EAA Sport Air workshop yesterday on Welding.  While I know the Gas Oxy method it just a bit antiquated by all the new stuff, the class removed much of the mystery involved.  I was amazed at the progress made in just two days.  From dripped, blotchy beads, to not all that bad, somewhat consistent beads.

I know it is not much of a leap for many of y'all, but I always felt quite lacking not having a base understanding of the process (videos and books just do not breach the gap).  Now I will be looking for a Tig course, or even, now with a basic skill, even a friends input.  The Velocity is not an a big welded craft, but there were a few things I would at least have entertained, even if I would have farmed them out anyway.

Fitted my wheel pants this week.  about 99% complete, 15% to go.....  (geeesh, the devil is in the details)

Just sharing....

All the best,

Chris