REFLECTOR: Catto Repitch(adding reflex)

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Dec 5 17:30:22 CST 2010

I attached the image sent to me from Craig Catto on how to add reflex to
the prop.

You remove material starting at the midpoint of each blade, moving out
to the tip.

I removed stating at the midpoint 1/8" blending to 1/16" at the tip.
After making the blade that much narrower, I then sanded the back side
to blend in the removal and end up with the same edge thickness along
each intire blade.

I drew perpendicular lines across the back side every 3 inches, measured
them all with a caliper and set up a table of measurements. They were
all within 1/100" except for two on one blade, they were about 1/16"
less, so I didn't remove as much there. When done, measuring every line,
all three blades were within 1/100 of each other.

Scott