REFLECTOR: air oil seperators

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sat Dec 4 23:02:25 CST 2010

Well I am not sure of the model. I inherited it when I first got my LongEZ. I kept it after I sold the Long and then put it on my Velo. It looks just like the one in ACS which sells for $49. Before I installed it I would loose the first two quarts within about three hours on my IO-360. After I installed it, I can fill to 8 quarts and don't see a drop of more than a quart in about ten hours or more. By my standards this seems to be working. I am however, not sure about what shape the return oil is in which returns to my crankcase. Wish I could get that high RPM but my max is 2600. I am flying a Catto three blade which is not pitched properly. I only get 2350 on static. I have sent it back once to Craig Catto for re-pitch but it needs to go back again. Just waiting for winter here in Western New York.