REFLECTOR: Brake heating question

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Sep 23 12:56:25 CDT 2009

OTOH; I've done 285 landings with my plane (SE RG), on various runway
lengths, and with the associated taxi maneuvering, without a problem. My SS
baffle (I think it is .016") attaches between the axle and leg, with no
other insulating material between.

Actually air is a pretty good insulating material.

  John

Yes, of course it is, John.  Again my wording wasn't clear - I meant the
only thing between the axle and the gear leg at the bottom, is the bottom of
the SS baffle; where some (and the factory) put in a thickness of phenolic,
or some other material.

Al