REFLECTOR: Brake heating question

Bachman, Jonathan Jonathan.Bachman at mtsi-va.com
Wed Sep 23 09:39:50 CDT 2009

When I started the thread, I was referring to heat from a hot brake disk
radiating to the composite gear leg on an RG.  I don't have wheel pants
and I hadn't thought about heat transfer through the axle...I didn't
think that would be as big of a problem (if it is).  Right now I have a
long (over 7k feet) runway and plan to just let her roll out on landing.
But high DA here in NM and the idea of going to/from shorter fields is
something I want to plan for.

Jon
Std RG