REFLECTOR: Brake Line Options

Carl Hoffman hoffman3 at erols.com
Wed Sep 23 07:59:36 CDT 2009

I did misinterpret. The base of the axle is 2 1/2" x 3". What is the size of the shield? It's the base of the axle that melts into the leg. Right now I have 3, 5/16" thick washers, and no 3/8" washers between the axle and the leg. The original MATCO brakes would fade very quickly before they absorbed much heat.

Attached is a picture of 5/16" thick washers being added at Oshkosh 2009. It is not my Velocity.

Carl