REFLECTOR: Main Gear Brake Heat Sheild

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 15:20:57 CDT 2009

Jon,

I ordered some phenolic from the factory to use as a heat shield. It was easy to retrofit. I was not crazy about the practice of using aluminum between the leg & the Axle ike some folks have done.

I have my gear leg, then the phrenolic shield, then I have my alignment shim (another story) then the axle. Just for good measure, I also wrapped the leg in heat reflective tape, then I slid the exposed part of the brake line through some tubular heat shield stuff that I got from Summitt Racing.

The good news, it's easy. the bad news.. It has not yet been tested.

Kurt