REFLECTOR: electric Velocity

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:53:14 CDT 2009

Scott's latest adventure reminds me how complicated the internal combustion engine is. I can't wait to put an electric motor in my V. Decades away? We'll see. It's hard to design an electric car that makes sense today because automotive engines are so cheap. $2000 buys you a great automotive engine. But airplane engines cost $25,000, and that buys a lot of hi-tech batteries (or fuel cells or capacitors.)

Quiet, smooth, no loss of power at altitude, simple, virtually no maintenance-- it will revolutionize GA. You heard it here first.

Doug Holub