REFLECTOR: Radio weak and scratchy

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Fri Sep 4 15:53:27 CDT 2009

Rene,

SWR=Standing Wave Ratio, its' the  natural frequency that the antenna is tuned to, and will show if the losses in the cable are acceptable or not.  It's not hard to use, but if I recall they aren't particularly cheap.  A friend of mine checked the SWR as well as the impedence of all of my cables to make sure most of my wattage was getting to the antenna.  If your handheld has the right connector, you could hook up there

Brett