REFLECTOR: Hydraulic Oil

milehitaz milehitaz at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 12:34:40 CDT 2009

Hello all,

 I know this has crossed the topic line before, I need to get opinions on how to best remove the Red Hydraulic fluid used in Retract system? Forgive me I forget the actual name and number of the oil used books and all are packed up and i am brain dead at the moment. Its the Shell brand Red fluid that Velocity recommends... I am packing my bird for relocating back to Northern Nevada after a 7 month down time in work and discovered a fair leak at the packing nut in the dump valve...center keel has a large stain and some oil has made it to the outside skin...appreciate your input all...

Larry Lambert
XL/RG