REFLECTOR: Retrofit NACA from armpit scoops

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 12:44:23 CDT 2009

Andrew,

I know this doesn't answer your question, but why don't you just re-design you armpit ducting to do away with the scat duct. I am not flying yet, but I also have an updraft engine and I am also going to use the armpit inlets for my engine cooling. I have designed a ducting system that allows the lower cowling to be installed or removed without having to remove or install the cooling ducts. I would be glad to share some pictures off line if you are interested. All of my photo's are too large to make it on the reflector. I am interested in seeing your installation for your up exhaust. My IO540E1A5 also has the up exhaust. I will probably just shoot the six exhaust pipes straight up for now, rather than try any other configuration at this time. My engine installation is finished except for this issue.

Andy Ellzey