REFLECTOR: CHT's

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:08:14 CDT 2009

"I think because of the way the ducts enter my plenum the air has to make
a 70 degree turn to go through 1&2.  Its much easier for it to travel
straight back and go through 3-6. "
I don't want to discourage you because I've seen diverters used under the
cowl on some installations so I assume that people do get them to work, but
I spent a lot of time shaping a couple of diverters to bend that air down
toward the firewall and I never saw any improvement. Sealing up gaps between
the plenum and the engine and then increasing the gap around the hot
cylinder is what fixed my problem.

Doug Holub