REFLECTOR: Pitot tube

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Oct 13 12:02:34 CDT 2009

I've yet to use it, so I can't say how it works or the wattage.  I like the idea of having an "innie" so I don't bump into it when walking around the front.  Airspeed is accurate.
John

--- hoffman3 at erols.com wrote:

Tim Crawford made a pitot tube from 1/4" OD tubing installed right through the center of the nose. He had the same thing on his Long EZ, only he had added a wire wound resistor, and ran the tube through the center of the resistor. Nat had the same thing on his COZY, but no heat. I for got to ask him the value and wattage of the resistor when I saw him building in 1997.

Maybe, John can tell us how well it works, and the value and wattage?