REFLECTOR: Prop size

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon Oct 12 06:47:52 CDT 2009

Dennis,

Length shouldn't, isn't, necessarily corelated to speed.  More than a few have reported that after an 'unscheduled' shortening of the prop, they were actually faster afterward.  Long props definitely make more noise, but not always more thrust.  Despite all the study, there is still a certain art (some call it Black Magic) to prop design and mating to a propulsion and airframe system.

Chuck