REFLECTOR: Door strut review

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 09:20:21 CDT 2009

Scott,

Ran that by the factory as well. I do not know if there is a difference in that area between a FG and an RG. They said to go up 2" only, no more!  I believe if you go more, you wind up with the thrust line above the elevator, effectively causing a plow. I wouldn't change something like that without running it by the "pros".  :)

I do know of one V-builder that moved his thrust line up almost 6" to accomodate what he had planned to do... he took TONS of runway even with a high HP motor.

Kurt