REFLECTOR: Air vent sources

scott at tnstaafl.net scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 8 12:07:30 CDT 2009

> There were a few towers as high as I was on our route of flight. When I
> got back, a friend of mine said that when he needs to "scud run", he flies
> directly over an interstate because there aren't any tall towers there. Is
> it true?

As far as interstate 40, I think that is true. But there are some right
next to the interstate, so you have to stay right down the middle, between
the west and east bound lanes. Just west of GNT is a 900 footer that is
about 1000 ft south of the east bound lane.  Numerous 500 footers that
close.

Scott