REFLECTOR: Nose gear didn't lock

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Oct 7 20:42:26 CDT 2009

On my last flight when I let the gear down I had a unsafe light and the
nose gear light was not lit, the pump light indicated it had shut off, I
gave a little jerk on the stick to increase the G force momentarily and
the green light came on.

later I was performing a gear retraction to test, when I let the gear
down I got the same indication. I kicked the nose gear tire and the
light came on.

Is this a symptom of the nose gas strut going soft?

I have previously in the last couple months made 20+ retraction tests
with all OK.

Scott