REFLECTOR: Door strut review

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Oct 7 09:51:12 CDT 2009

I purchased some gas springs that had half the force of the factory
originals (mine are 30 pounds). Then I ended up working on the attach points
to stiffen things up on the door, and find a place that would work for
mounting the new springs.

The good news, My doors do not bend up at the back and they don't twist the
door. The not so good news is that the door opens about 4" shorter height
than the factory ones. Works for me since I'm short

Hi; Kurt,

I, for one, would like to see what you did - or at least get further
explanation.

Thanks,

Al