REFLECTOR: Brand New Door

Chuck c.harbert1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 2 22:36:39 CDT 2009

Very nice repair!

From: Al Gietzen
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 7:08 PM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Brand New Door

Finally; the new door and its custom strake extension, etc., and the new rear window are complete and Velocity 755V was back in the air today. Whoo-hoo!

And BTW; if I gave the impression that I was upset with the people at Velocity; that is not the case.  Ken made every effort to be helpful, as did Art when Ken was off to OSH.  These are great people, and, yes a mistake was made in one of the shipments, but that happens.  Ken was on the spot as well - he doesn't make the parts.  What I think needs addressing is how parts get out the door that are incomplete or faulty - quality control.

Anyway, the job is done, and is good as new - well; maybe better, because now there is a warning circuit for the latch pins not being fully inserted.

I went with the new version door strut geometry; but it doesn't live up to its promise.  More on that later.

Al