REFLECTOR: fuel line

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Oct 2 17:31:00 CDT 2009

I recommend solid aluminum tubing from the tanks through the sump
through the auxilary  fuel pump to the cabin side of  the  firewall.
Its clean, light and inexpensive, if you cut, bend and flare your own
tubing.  Embed blocks of aluminum with female 1/8 or 1/4 inch pipe
threads onto the sump.  At the fire wall put in a  bulkhead fitting,
solid aluminum connects on the cabin side,  fuel resistant flexible
stainless braided coved with firesleeve over that  connects on the
engine side.

This is how it is done in hundreds of thousands of certified airplanes,
comercial airplanes, military airplanes, space shuttles, etc..  Its done
this way because its the safest and lightest.  You only need the armored
flexible line in the engine compartment, where it will be flexing and
subject to high heat and possible abrasion.

Scott