REFLECTOR: fuel line

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 16:33:50 CDT 2009

The best and longest lasting fuel lines and fittings are Aeroquip stainless steel braid over Teflon hose.  The question you must ask yourself is do you want the safest and longest lasting installation or are you willing to settle for a a less adequate but usable installation.  At some point you reach a less than adequate and possibly dangerous system.  Only you can determine what you feel is adequate and if you are unable to evaluate the options seek advice from experts.  The factory is a good point to start as well as well known major hose & Fitting suppliers like Amazon Hose.

I built my plane using the engineering philosophy of "bullet proofing" or eliminating as many failure points as possible. This costs time & money and that is why I chose  the high end Aeroquip stainless steel braid over Teflon hose & fittings.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying