REFLECTOR: Making Velocities easier to build?

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 16:29:36 CDT 2009

Steve,
I think everyone has the right to say whatever they wish in this forum.
When it comes to resolving customer service issues, I think it's best that the affected parties deal directly with one another and not in an open forum.  That's just being polite.
The people at Velocity, me included, have pride in our work.  We want to do a good job for all of you, our customers.  Sometimes things don't go as planned.  No one is perfect, but we try.  The company realizes that it is performance that counts; not just trying to do well.  I feel that if customers understand this, they might be a bit more accepting of circumstances and work with us to find a solution, because the company truly wants to "do right" by all of its customers.  I'll repeat what I said to Kurt, if you have any customer service issues, please give me a call.
All of this being said, no one wants to be a whipping boy.  Open criticism for the sake of criticism (versus solving problems) only alienates people.  Little good becomes of it.
Duane and Scott do not monitor the REFLECTOR because of unwarranted criticism.  I don't think Velocity builders would appreciate the company posting comments on the REFLECTOR criticizing builder mistakes.  Again, in my opinion it's just not polite.  If folks want to read dirt, there is plenty in the tabloids at the supermarket checkout counter!
Wishing everyone the best,
Scott B.