REFLECTOR: lighting

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 16:40:57 CST 2009

I have Kuntzleman's combination position and strobe lights (DDM-SLC,
http://www.kestrobes.com/cat2.htm). I like them, but the streamlined covers
don't seal out water very well. I need to put a bigger O-ring in there.

I guess I just assumed that a person could see the white lights from 75 feet
behind the airplane-- I've never checked it. I'll check it this weekend, but
I think I will be able to see them. I've seen some planes that don't have a
pad built out for the position lights. In that case, it might be harder to
see the white light from behind the airplane. I've attached a picture.

Doug Holub
Standard FG w/ electric nose lift