REFLECTOR: Not enough Trim authority

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:58:12 CST 2009

I've got an IOX-360, but your trim sounds just like mine. With two people in
the front I don't have enough up trim to land, and with just me in the front
I don't have enough down trim when I'm flying faster than 160 kts. When I
take the canard off for the condition inspection in February I'll beef up
the factory trim spring. The problem with that, though, is that the trim
will be even touchier with a stiffer spring. Has anybody ever installed two
sparrow strainers? Or maybe I could just double the size of the airfoil on
the one I've got.

Doug Holub
Standard FG