REFLECTOR: New Nose Gear (FG)

Velocity velocity_az at cox.net
Sun Nov 15 15:42:04 CST 2009

Hi Kurt,

Remove the captivator plate, leave in the upper nose gear bolt, raise the
nose wheel, push the nose gear aft as far as it will go, and squeeze in as
many shims as you can between the canard bulkhead and the rubber shock. Put
the nose gear down, turn the nose fork 180 degrees, and jack up the wings
(under the wing spars) about 6 inches off the floor. This puts a great deal
of pressure on the new rubber nose bumper. Do this, then install the
captivator plate.

Regards,

Kevin

  _____