REFLECTOR: E-readers as Electronic Flight Bags

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 21:59:23 CST 2009

Terry,

I haven't seen the approach plates on one, but I recently saw the Kindle as a text device. The clarity was amazing in the airplane, and the screen was really imuned to glare. The one my Stepson has does not have a back light (or he didn't yet know how to use it), I don't know if there are different models.

If it was night usable, just based on the clarity, light weight, and glare-resistance.. I would try it. Perhaps you could find a demo somewhere.

Kurt