REFLECTOR: PUSHER PROP

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 8 13:35:14 CST 2009

I asked myself what item's failure would kill my family or friends?
The list was long but what big items would I be embarassed about or
worse, to have skimped on?  My answers:  Engine - remanufactured 0
time Lycoming IO-540, Garmin GPS and Com and the best prop I can
afford. The Garmin 430 was $13,000 back when purchased it so the
AeroComposite was only slightly higher than the new MT I flew for over
three hundred hours. The MT was always beat up and I repaired it five
times and repainted six times and had it totally rebuilt before I sold
it because I was not comfortable selling it as is. I then asked myself
why I tolerated the MT so long?  Because before the AC, it was the
best I could do. We all ask these questions or should. Our answers
differ but we live or die as pilots on each one of these. My family
knows I build and fly with the best I can get and if I am found in a
smoking hole it was probably my flying skills and not the plane or
purchases that got me there.
Your mileage will vary but three thousand more for the best I can get
is certainly reasonable to me.
When I wrote the check I felt the pain but I'm still glad I did it.
Please check out the web site. It may be better than insurance.

Rene' Dugas
Sent from my iPhone 3GS