REFLECTOR: Hydraulic Fluid

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Sun May 24 15:27:27 CDT 2009

Chuck it looks like what we have found on a number off RG planes.  The dump valve appears to be leaking.   You can first try by tighten up on the packing nut and if this doesn't work the valve will have to be replaced.  In most cases the pump will keep running while gear is in the up position and cavetate to the point that it turns into a vapor and you will loose it overboard.
I think you have it plumbed OK but check out the dump valve before you start taking everything else apart.  In most cases by just tightening the packing nut that holds the handle on can change it a lot.  Let me know what you found.
Dave