REFLECTOR: Takeoff roll - fuel burn

vance atkinson nostromo56 at tx.rr.com
Fri May 22 13:02:19 CDT 2009

Al Gietzen wrote:

> A further comment -- For me and my plane the limiting factor is
> landing distance, not takeoff roll. While doing these tests I found I
> had to brake fairly hard to make the exit at 2400'.  Rolling out over
> the numbers I still carry quite a way in ground effect before the
> mains touch.
>

> Al

Hey guys,
If you find yourself with a problem landing distance wise,  GO TO FUEL
CUT-OFF......   The sooner you do that the shorter your roll out will
be.  In fact you will be amazed how much shorter.  Try it some time when
there is no traffic in the pattern.

Also I just switched to Grove brakes,
http://www.groveaircraft.com/wbproducts.html  what a difference! The new
ones have twice the stopping energy as my old clevelands.  Most of the
runways I use are longer but there are occasions where I need to stop or
turn off early and these beauties can do it easily.  You can get them
thru Aircraft spruce a little cheaper than the mfg.

Vance Atkinson
EAA Tech and Flt Advisor
COZY  N43CZ
VEZ  N3LV