REFLECTOR: Franklin Engine Air Filter

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon May 18 17:41:31 CDT 2009

Kurt,

I'm just about to start on my filter box and was planning on using a
spring loaded flapper door like my Bonanza used.

It opens into the engine compartment, assuming ice or major wet has
clogged the filter and the air in the lower cowl area should be
relatively dryer.  Though if you flying through a down pour quite a bit
of water will enter through the upper NACA's and be dripping(pouring)
down through the cylinders!

The  repitched Catto  is finding its way back to Grants  from
California via Fedex carrier.   Can't wait to fire her up again!   If
all goes well my last task before flying is some major cowling
mods(filter box included) that shouldn't take too long.

Scott