REFLECTOR: Houston Area Velocity

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Wed May 13 13:01:00 CDT 2009

It was a "Props Inc." Propeller on Paul Barfnecht's  Velo. He did throw one
blade (in Texas) on his Jabaru powered bird and after  inspecting the other
two blades, they were just about to break out of the hub  also. Props Inc
is a ground adjustable blade and in my opinion should never be  placed on a
airplane period!! The design of attaching the blade to the hub is  just
awful. Don't even put it on the bottom of your lawn mower unless you just  want
to ride around without cutting grass. I posted a warning to this effect  back
when it happened to Paul and it would be terrible if the recent  accident
was from the same cause. Paul had purchased the prop for the  ground
adjustability and the PRICE. The cost amount looks good on paper but does  not mean
a lot if your not around to enjoy your savings?? We are all making  Life and
Death decisions when we are building Don't let $$$ be your deciding  factor
about safety issues.

        Ken

In a message dated 5/13/2009 10:19:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,