REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Door

RBrim rbrim at PerformanceSolutionsTech.com
Wed May 13 12:25:35 CDT 2009

John,

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like flying without the main gear doors works well, in fact reduces risk of them detaching and exiting through the prop, whereas sans front door is a loud, windy, uncomfortable experience.

Rodney Brim,

Blog -  www.ManagePro.com/Blog

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:07 AM
To: rbrim at managepro.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Door

I had 2 experiences.  The first was when my doors were missing due to a nose gear up landing.  The second was when the sequencing valve was not adjusted right and the doors did not close.  In both cases I experienced a deafening harmonic sound which went away when I lowered the gear.  This may be unique to my IVO prop.

John

--- rbrim at performancesolutionstech.com wrote:

Has anyone tried that or have any results from doing away with the nose gear doors on a retractable?