REFLECTOR: Velocity Pictures

bulsr at bellsouth.net bulsr at bellsouth.net
Tue May 12 21:34:24 CDT 2009

 When I was at the factory in '06, I heard that the speed difference sans gear doors (any or all) was negligible. The noise, and airish nature of the cockpit would be considerable unless you did a whale of a closeout above the canard. You would, of course, remove (or not install) the main gear doors as well, if you did plan to be lowering the gear at speed.
Bob
just my view

  -------------- Original message from "RBrim" <rbrim at PerformanceSolutionsTech.com>: --------------

I noticed on the flyoverpicture of N2059U,that there’s no nose gear door in place.  I have often wondered what would bethe downside of removing those doors, as the upside to me would be gaining theability to drop the gear at a normal cruise speed instead of having to getbelow 120 kts.

Has anyone tried that or have any results from doing awaywith the nose gear doors on a retractable?

Rodney Brim,
Blog -  www.ManagePro.com/Blog