REFLECTOR: Velocity Pictures

RBrim rbrim at PerformanceSolutionsTech.com
Tue May 12 21:08:03 CDT 2009

I noticed on the flyover picture of N2059U
<http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?title=Firefly_N2059U> , that there's
no nose gear door in place.  I have often wondered what would be the
downside of removing those doors, as the upside to me would be gaining the
ability to drop the gear at a normal cruise speed instead of having to get
below 120 kts.

Has anyone tried that or have any results from doing away with the nose gear
doors on a retractable?

Rodney Brim,

Blog -  www.ManagePro.com/Blog

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:44 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity Pictures

Not of the Velocity, it's still registered to Proxy, so I'm guessing they
still use it as a testbed, I found a couple of more pictures
<http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?title=UAV_N20PX> , pretty interesting
stuff.  I also noticed that the one that looks like the KARA Firefly
(Skyraider) is registered as a Firefly, does anyone know if this a re-badged
N2059U <http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?title=Firefly_N2059U> , or if
it's just a copy?  Looks like a copy to me, the nose is slightly thinner,
and the doors are short.

Stockman, Bill wrote:

Great work.   Any idea what happened with the UAVs?

Bill Stockman, Senior Associate
Dayton Aerospace

(937) 369-4799 cell
(937) 426-4300 work