REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 60, Issue 16

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed May 6 08:34:40 CDT 2009

In a message dated 5/5/2009 6:53:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bwolf1 at tds.net writes:

What  is your take on Continental 550's out of Performance Engines in
California?  (Anybody else, please chime in).

To be frank,

I had Ron Monson flow my cylinders, provide 10-1pistons, grind my cam to
compliment the HC pistons.  I built up my engine and it runs good.  I  picked
up 50RPM static (fixed pitch) with the conversion IO-360-C1C.   That being
said, the quoted turnaround time was 3 weeks, that turned into 12  weeks.
After 6 weeks, he (Ron) would not even take my calls.  His  girl would just
say that he said he was to busy to talk to me.  While he  may know engines
(I'm told) he (IMHO) seems very arrogant and not into customer  service.  I
would go else where because of that alone and he's in my own  back yard.  A
friend had an engine built up by Lycon _www.lycon.com_ (http://www.lycon.com)
that he is very happy with  and was provided good customer care.  They
provided the same HP components  and services as Performance but without the
tude.

TEC
**************Big savings on Dell’s most popular laptops. Now starting at
$449!