REFLECTOR: speed

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Sat May 2 05:25:56 CDT 2009

Lou, my canard elevator also shows a slight up angle when I'm solo
cruise. Sounds like your prop is optimized for 200 hp. Rather than play
with the prop how about changing out to higher compression pistons. This
would give you more static rpm and more rpm at WOT. I've got a similar
scenario as you do but my O-360 has injection (added) and 10 to 1
pistons. I've also got a Catto prop (3 blade -72 pitch). I get the same
static rpm that you do but my WOT is 2870. Tom