REFLECTOR: Defroster deflector.

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Mar 30 20:05:15 CDT 2009

Ken,

I had to make an unscheduled run to Phoenix today and was able to take a
picture of the defroster deflector before my trip to texas.

img125 is the closeup. img126 is a bit wider view

The large clear rectangle with the two white round pads is the ice free
window, that is outside. The smaller clear rectangle with the rounded
upper corners is the hot air deflector. Just below it are the to slide
handles that open and close the defroster vent. The deflector is mounted
to the glare shield with a small "L" bracket, riveted to the clear
plastic and screwed to the glare shield.

The defroster works really well in both planes and even keeps the
windshield clear behind the deflector.

Scott