REFLECTOR: Vortex generators

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 29 20:45:57 CDT 2009

Hi Guys,

   For VG success/failure stories, could everybody state whether they have TE fances and whether you have/don't have lower winglets ?

   Jean Prudhomme built w/o lower winglets, then marveled at his better low end aileron control when he put the lowers on. That's when the factory shipped everybody (with fast builds anyway) their lower winglets. Function over fashion.

   Jean also pioneered the VGs and raved about them.

Thanks,

Jeff Barnes