REFLECTOR: Vortex generators

SlvEgl99 at aol.com SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 12:27:52 CDT 2009

Can anyone report on performance changes?

Bob Wood

In a message dated 3/27/2009 12:11:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:

I think  you missed inserting the link.  Though I think your refering  to
these?

http://stolspeed.com/

I saw them in the EAA  rag.  They look like the nicest I've seen and are
right in the range  of all the other options, not including TC  VG's
which are  spectacularly outrageous!

I think I'm going to order a set of these as  I pulled off my CCI VG's to
repaint the wings. I was going to glue the old  ones back on but these
are so much more user friendly. My main complaint  about CCI's are, they
are sharp! And can cut your hand, especially when  washing the plane.

I need to  recount how many  are needed  for a Std wing &  canard,
though  I still have the CCI's  attached to the canard. I could just  put
new ones on the  wing..

I love um, VG's that is. Shorter  take off   roll,  slower stall speed ,
faster climb rate,  better aileron  response at slow speeds, and
negligible reduction of top end  speed.

Scott

Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html