REFLECTOR: Vortex generators

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Mar 27 11:10:28 CDT 2009

I think you missed inserting the link.  Though I think your refering to
these?

http://stolspeed.com/

I saw them in the EAA rag.  They look like the nicest I've seen and are
right in the range of all the other options, not including TC  VG's
which are spectacularly outrageous!

I think I'm going to order a set of these as I pulled off my CCI VG's to
repaint the wings. I was going to glue the old ones back on but these
are so much more user friendly. My main complaint about CCI's are, they
are sharp! And can cut your hand, especially when washing the plane.

I need to  recount how many  are needed for a Std wing &  canard,
though  I still have the CCI's attached to the canard. I could just  put
new ones on the wing..

I love um, VG's that is. Shorter  take off  roll,  slower stall speed ,
faster climb rate,  better aileron response at slow speeds, and
negligible reduction of top end speed.

Scott