REFLECTOR: CHT monitor

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:36:56 CDT 2009

It's the minus (-) wire, and it might get tied to ground inside the RMI
(although that's not the way I'd do it.)

A thermocouple is like a tiny battery whose voltage changes with
temperature. I've been thinking about it, and if I wanted to measure six
batteries to see how their voltage changes with temperature, it would be
fine to tie all their negative terminals together and measure each positive
terminal individually. I wish I had given it some thought before I wired up
two double-pole rotary switches for EGT and CHT. It was a pain.

The RMI wiring diagram calls for a double-pole rotary switch, so I'd call
Ron at RMI first if I were you. I'd be curious to know what you find out.

Doug