REFLECTOR: VGs for engine cooling NACA scoops

Chuck c.harbert1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 9 12:58:10 CDT 2009

I still had some cooling problems after I installed the stock 3/8" VG's, so I upsized them by using 3/4" thin aluminum angle (Lowes or HD) that are 1 1/2" long in the same positions (using equivalent radius). Temps dropped about 15 degF. I know of another V that did the same and got same results. I also pop riveted them on.

Chuck
Std RG

Here is a picture of the VG's from Brett Ferrell's Wike site

http://wiki.velocityxl.com/images/6/66/NACA_vg.jpg