REFLECTOR: Static port calibration

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:35:52 CST 2009

Glad to know that Kurt. I was always afraid that if I was 100 ft off I would get a nasty call to the tower when I landed!

Larry E.

To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:34:56 -0500
From: nmflyer1 at aol.com
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Static port calibration

One last thing:  In the Center environment, if you are flying IFR, the center computer will always show you level when you are within 200' either side of your assigned altitude. If you are flying VFR, it shows the actual altitude as specified before. If you are IFR and want to double check your altitude, you have to ask. Then we type in a different altitude to see what your transponder is really sending out (again, adjusted as preciously mentioned).

Kurt