REFLECTOR: Static port stuff

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 1 09:32:08 CST 2009

I'm curious about something. The plans for my V are basically that the static hole is drilled right through the skin at a location just forward of the left door. It doesn't say anything about using a "trip strip" or a raised lip static disc like many are using. Could that be part of the problem?

What is the factory doing now?

The raised lip of these static port discs is going to make?a change in how airflow flows over the port right?

I purchased one of those static discs also, but then decided against using it because of that lip. Right now I have the "stock" type plumbed into the skin as per the plans, but have yet to drill the actual holes until later. Would be interesting to know what the factory is using as you would think that it would work (most of the time).

Kurt