REFLECTOR: electrical question

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 29 13:57:02 CDT 2009

Hey Alex,

Ahhhhh the subtleties.  I remember asking this same question when I was
looking at the diagrams.

I don't believe the answer is earth shattering or super profound.  I believe
it allows us to setup the system so, under normal circumstances (main bus
on, e-bus off), if you have a catastrophic failure, like smoke in the cabin,
you have one switch to just shut it down.  If you set it up so the e-bus is
no longer a subset of the main bus and you have to run with both switches on
all the time, then you will have to remember to shut them both off.

I'll review my notes when I get home.  If I find another reason, I'll be
sure to pass it along.

Andy