REFLECTOR: Fire Extinguisher

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 16:35:52 CDT 2009

Andy,

Halon sort of works like that but not quite.  It suppresses the chemical reaction known as combustion.  It is non toxic and you would have to release enough to completely displace the air in the cabin to put you in jeopardy.  The bigger hazard would noxious fumes from the fire for which you would vent the cabin.  One lung full of Halon is no worse that snorting a helium balloon so you can imitate Donald Duck.  Not that you ever would:<).

Larry Coen
N136LC