REFLECTOR: belts

Gary Stull gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 25 15:28:14 CDT 2009

I reiterate my point about the attach points not being tested. Does it matter if the attachment failed or the belt? Nice to have a buckled seat belt while you're flailing arond the cabin because the attachment failed and these are on CERTIFIED airline aircraft seats. I'm an A&P working for an airline and have always been suspect of the method of seat belt attachment on our Velo's, but I doubt seriously if a secure seat belt will save you under most circumstances. The odds of them saving you in a major crash are pretty slim. It could happen, but you'd probably succumb to the post crash fire. Just my 2 cents.----- Original Message -----