REFLECTOR: Seat Belts

vance atkinson nostromo56 at tx.rr.com
Wed Jun 24 15:50:40 CDT 2009

Dennis Martin wrote:
> I've been shopping for seat belts. Factory has some good options, but
> I found what may be a good option. Anybody installed non-factory
> belts? Opinions appreciated on this:
>
> http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=sbp&Product_Code=WSCH300&Category_Code=3-Point-Retractable-Seat-Belts
> <http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=sbp&Product_Code=WSCH300&Category_Code=3-Point-Retractable-Seat-Belts>
>
> For those who have installed retractable, is the retract mechanism in
> the way of passengers boarding or exiting?
>
> --
> All the best,
> Dennis
Uh....  Aircraft belts have a special stitching on the harness ( where
all the connector and buckles are) that automotive and boats dont have.
Its there to make sure the harness will take the high impact Gs.   If
you get in an accident and the insurance company notices non std
aviation seat belts..........well you can guess the rest.  If the DAR is
on the ball he wont pass  your aircraft either.

Be careful.

Vance Akinson
EAA Tech and Flt Advisor
COZY N43CZ