REFLECTOR: RG nose strut pivot tube

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Fri Jun 12 20:55:13 CDT 2009

Kent
   Looking at the picture I see you have the Taco Gusset which is  the
strongest Nose Gear Strut that Velocity offers at this time. It looks like a
incredible side load issue which made me go through my Nose Wheel Lock
Delivered  File only to find your info. My question would be What, Why, and How.
What was  the situation to cause this? Why do you think it happened? and How
can we  prevent this from happening again? The good news is that the strut
was the  sacrificial part and not the bushings in the keel (which are just a
bear to  replace). I can't believe that you had that kind of side load on a
landing. Is  it remotely possible that the nose was still locked while
taxing?? Can  you please elaborate on any particulars?
   After all that, Congratulations on the diagnostics  before another
flight, without would just make life more  difficult!

     Ken

In a message dated 6/12/2009 8:28:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,